OFFICE POLICIES & PROCEDURES FOR OUR PATIENTS OFFICE HOURS
Our office is available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and may be reached at 915-267-0028. If you need an appointment, prescription refill, or test results, please call during regular business hours.
E & J Family Health Care Center is committed to providing quality care to our patients. To ensure timely continued care, we encourage patients to schedule appointments in advance of follow-up due dates. When calling for an appointment, please provide your name, telephone number, chief complaint/reason for the visit, as well as any updated contact or insurance information. While we strive to schedule appointments appropriately, emergencies can and do occur in Primary Care. We strive to give all of our patients the time that they require. For this reason, we kindly request your patience and understanding should a delay or rescheduling become necessary on your appointment date. To ensure quality care, E & J Family Health Center, does not treat patients we have not seen (i.e., we will not call in prescriptions or offer medical advice for patients prior to their initial visit). Follow up may be required to be scheduled after testing has been completed, so that results may be reviewed together, so an effective and appropriate plan for your healthcare can be determined.
CANCELLATION OF AN APPOINTMENT
In order to be respectful of the medical needs of our patients please be courteous and call E & J Family Health Center promptly if you are unable to attend an appointment. This time will be reallocated to another patient who is in need of treatment. This is how we can best serve the needs of all of our patients. If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled appointment we require that you call 24 hours in advance. Appointments are in high demand, and your early cancellation will give another patient the ability to have access to timely medical care.
NO SHOW POLICY
A “no show” is the term we use when a patient misses an appointment without canceling it within 24 hours in advance. Unfortunately, “No-Shows” inconvenience those patients who need access to medical care in a timely manner.
A failure to present at the time of a scheduled appointment will be recorded in your medical chart as a “no show”. An administrative fee of $35.00 will be billed to your account. You will be sent a letter alerting you to the fact that you failed to show for a scheduled appointment and did not cancel the appointment within 24 hours in advance along with the bill for the administrative fee. A copy of the letter will be placed in your medical record. Three (3) “no-shows” within one (1) calendar year will result in a suspension of services. In order to reinstate services, you will be required to meet with your Primary Care Physician within 30 days of the third no show letter to evaluate your situation.
NO SHOW CHARGES ARE PATIENT RESPONSIBILITY AND WILL NOT BE BILLED TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY
OFFICE CLOSINGS DUE TO WEATHER OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES
If our office is closed due to weather conditions or other circumstances beyond our control, the following procedures are used to inform our patients:
- If you are scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an automated message or call by telephone.
- Closings will be displayed on our website.
- E & J Family Health Center accepts most insurance plans. If you have specific questions regarding your insurance, please contact our billing department ( Quality Care Billing and Consultant) at 915-219-4246.
- It is patient responsibility to inform our office of any changes in insurance coverage. Failure to do so could cause delay or denial of insurance payment.
- All patients will be asked to present their current insurance card at each appointment. Failure to have your card could delay your appointment, and it will be the responsibility of the patient to provide proof of coverage.
- Patients are responsible for co-pays at time of service. There will be an additional fee of $10 for all co-pays not paid on the day of appointment.
- If applicable, you will be billed for services not covered by your insurance (as stated in your insurance contract) by our billing department.
- E & J Family Health Center accepts cash, debit cards and credit cards.
- It is the policy of E & J Family Health Center to make all reasonable attempts to collect outstanding balances’ should they accrue, including, convenient payment arrangements. Following these attempts, accounts in poor standing will be outsourced to a third party for the purpose of collection.
PRESCRIPTION REFILLS & PHARMACY INFORMATION
- Please inform E & J Family Health Center of which Pharmacy you use and update us if this should change. Please allow two to three business days for refill requests. We encourage our patients to review their medications prior to their office appointments and to request refills at that time, if needed.
- Please note that we do not fill Narcotic Medications or order Antibiotics over the phone.
- Our Practice does not routinely order Narcotic Pain Medicine, therefore you may be required to obtain these medications through a Pain Management specialist.
- Our Practice does not routinely order medications under category (psychiatric controlled substances), therefore you may be required to obtain these medications through a Psychiatrist.
CONFIDENTIALITY & MEDICAL RECORDS
Per HIPAA guidelines, copies of medical records must be requested in writing. To ensure your privacy, a form for release of medical information must be completed prior to receipt of these materials. All patients can request a copy of their medical records one time, free of charge. Additional copies may be requested at a cost of $0.75 per page. The law allows Medical Offices 30 days to complete requests for records. However, our medical records department puts forth every effort to respond to these requests in a timely manner.
COMPLETION OF FORMS/LETTERS
We understand that at times, various forms or letters may be required to assist you with your healthcare needs. The staff at E & J Family Health Center will be happy to complete forms and write medical letters as necessary upon your request. However, because this can be time consuming, please allow 7-10 days for completion of requested forms/letters.
The charges for completion of these forms : $15 dollars
OUR PATIENT PORTAL
As a means of ensuring timely communication with our patients, we strongly encourage you to sign up for the Patient Portal, which can provide a quick and easy method for scheduling appointments, entering and updating medications, etc. As a new patient, you will receive instructions on how to sign up for the Patient Portal. If you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to speak with a member of our reception team.